What is Multicultural Awareness?
Multicultural Awareness is a greater understanding, sensitivity, and appreciation of the history, values, experiences, and lifestyles of groups that include, but, are not limited to:
- Sexual Orientation
- Religious Affiliation
- Socio-economic Status
- Mental/Physical Abilities
What Are Some Benefits of Becoming More Multiculturally Aware?
- Gain Greater Self-Awareness
- Gain Greater Awareness of Others
- Develop New Friendships
- Develop Better Interpersonal Skills
- Become Better Able to Challenge Stereotypes and Prejudices
- Promote More Healing and Harmony Between Groups
- Become Better Equipped to Live in a Multicultural World
Why Should I Become More Multiculturally Aware?
Healing, harmony, and unity between groups occur as we interact more with, become more aware about, and become better educated about one another. It’s a cause for celebration when we are willing to take risks regarding our multicultural growth. Challenge yourself to unlock your endless capacity for multicultural awareness. It’s up to you to do your part in creating a society where there is greater understanding and awareness between the groups.