About the UCC
Welcome to the UCC
Thank you for your interest in the University Counseling Center (UCC) of the University of Notre Dame!
The college experience includes many unique challenges for students. It is a time of change, growth, and transition. Students deal with a new sense of freedom, live in diverse social environments, develop new relationships, perform in a demanding academic setting, and discover new directions. Successfully mastering these tasks brings a great sense of accomplishment, however this does not always come easily. There are times when these challenges lead to excessive stress, anxiety, depression, confusion, and loneliness. These and other psychological problems can negatively impact a student’s academic performance.
The University Counseling Center’s goal is to assist students in meeting the challenges that are an integral part of their Notre Dame experience. Our professional staff of licensed psychologists, social workers, psychiatric providers, and masters-level psychologists-in-training are highly skilled in helping students address the difficulties they may encounter, and empowering them to make the most of the opportunities available to them at Notre Dame. We specialize in treating the mental health concerns that are prevalent in a diverse university student body.
The UCC offers a broad range of services to currently enrolled and degree-seeking undergraduate and graduate students. All services are free of charge and confidential.
These services include:
- Self-help resources
- Drop-in services through Let’s Talk
- The Inner Resource Room for taking a break and learning stress management skills
- Programs and workshops to develop lifelong health & wellness skills
- Therapy Assistance Online – TAO
- Individual, group, and couples counseling
- Psychiatric evaluation and medication management
- Consultation services to assist members of the campus community have a concern about a situation or student"
- Walk-in emergency services during business hours
- After hours 24/7 crisis intervention
- Community referrals
Approximately 16 percent of the Notre Dame student body visits the UCC each year. We are a safe, confidential, non-judgmental space where students can can feel free to explore a wide variety of concerns and issues. If the UCC can be of assistance to you or someone you know, please call, or visit our office. We will either provide the help you need or help you find someone who can.
Christine G. Conway, Ph.D., Director