At times a student may want or need mental health services that are beyond the scope of those the UCC can provide. Examples of this include circumstances in which more intensive or specialized treatment are indicated. If a student is looking for weekly, insight-oriented treatment for a longer duration for time, these services are also better suited for an off-campus referral. During the Drop-in appointment the counselor will discuss whether an off-campus referral would better address the student’s needs and if so will provide referrals to possible treatment providers.
Students with the University-sponsored Student Insurance who are seeking an off-campus referral for the first time are required to complete a Drop-in Appointment. To renew your existing UCC Aetna referral for a new academic year, please call the UCC front desk at (574)631-7336.
The Thriving Campus platform providers information about community mental health providers, services they provide, insurances they accept, and their contact information. Use these features on Thriving Campus, to search for providers accepting new clients, with specific expertise and those located in a specific location:
- Change the location button at the top of the left column to find providers in a specific area.
- Utilize the Help Guide in the upper right for information about insurance and scripts for contacting a new therapist.
Request your UCC Records for your new Provider
We would be happy to facilitate continuity of care by sharing treatment records/info to the new provider, upon receiving a signed Release of Information Form.
- Contact Your Insurance Provider by Phone or Search their website
- For Students with the University-sponsored Student Insurance (UHS)
- Aetna DocFind
- Psychology Today Therapist Search
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMSA) Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator
- Eating Disorder Referral and Information Center