Social Justice and Allyship
The University Counseling Center (UCC) recognizes that mental health struggles for historically marginalized groups occur within the context of historical and current experiences, circumstances, and social structures that have been systematically inequitable, unjust, or oppressive, and have had a cumulative impact. Being allies and advocates for social justice requires acknowledging these realities, accounting for our own privileges, and using our power to include, support, empower, and uplift members of our community who have been marginalized. We are all in this together.
Klau Institute for Civil and Human Rights
The Klau Center engages its mission to promote civil and human rights in three ways: academic programs, support of research and curricular development, and initiatives and public events.
- Center For Social Concerns The Center for Social Concerns is an interdisciplinary institute that brings people together to think carefully about the world’s most pressing social concerns in order to develop creative and effective approaches to addressing them.
Multicultural Student Programs and Services (MSPS)
MSPS fosters students in a servant-leader mindset to support their work in building a more inclusive Notre Dame community.
Diversity and Inclusion
Explore the stories and activities that bring life to diversity and inclusion at Notre Dame.
Progress Tracker | Student Government | University of Notre Dame
The Notre Dame Student Government works to amplify student voices and enact change at the University. The Student Government Progress Tracker is a display of the development of Executive Cabinet initiatives designed to make the Notre Dame community a better place in every area that affects the student experience.
Civil Rights Heritage Center
The Civil Rights Heritage Center is a South Bend learning center that explores the civil rights struggles of the past so people can take action in the present and build a better future.
- Ally to Accomplice - Anti-Black Racism: History, Ideology, and Resistance - Oakland Campus - Guides at University of Pittsburgh
- What it means to be antiracist - Antiracism and Social Justice - LibGuides at Wesleyan College
- Talking About Race | National Museum of African American History and Culture
- The Guide to Allyship
- The Guide — Anti-Racist Guide