Students With Disabilities
The University Counseling Center believes that all students should have equitable access to services offered by the University of Notre Dame. We are committed to advocating for students with disabilities, both visible and invisible, and partnering with university offices to create a more accessible environment and positive disability culture. In addition, our goal is to make all of our services offered through the University Counseling Center fully accessible to all participants. If you are in need of accommodations to make counseling more accessible for you, please call us at 574-631-7336 as soon as possible so we can coordinate meeting your needs.
The following resources are provided to educate and empower you and members of the campus community.
Sara Bea Center for Student Accessibility
The Sara Bea Center for Student Accessibility is the best first point of contact for those with a disability/disability-related concerns.
Care and Wellness Consultants
Their mission is to promote the academic success of students and assist them in achieving holistic and comprehensive wellness through consultation, advocacy, resources, and engagement within the Catholic and Holy Cross traditions.
Access-ABLE of Notre Dame
A club for students with disabilities and their abled-allies that seeks to promote disability awareness and inclusion on campus, as well as to provide a supportive community for students with disabilities.
Active Minds ND Chapter.
Active Minds is a student-led club that tackles mental health issues at the University of Notre Dame by raising awareness, educating our community, supporting our fellow students and advocating for our cause…
- NAMI St. Joseph County, IN
- National Resources
- ADA.gov homepage
- ACLU of Indiana, in particular Healthcare & Disability Rights
- Active Minds National Chapter
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
- Invisible Disabilities® Association: Home
- DREAM – Disability Rights, Education, Activism and Mentoring Facebook
- National Center for College Students with Disabilities Facebook
- #WhenICallMyselfDisabled created by crutches_and_spice Instagram
- The Spoon Theory helping others understand what it’s like to live with a disability
- How do you define invisible disability?
- The Social Model of Disability short film and more
- We Have Been Disabled: How The Pandemic Has Proven The Social Model Of Disability article written by an organizational psychologist specializing in neurodiversity.