Important: If you or someone you are concerned about is in a serious and imminent life-threatening circumstance, please bypass this information and immediately call 911 or go to the nearest Emergency Room.
The University Counseling Center offers a variety of crisis services, including walk-in crisis services during business hours, after-hours helpline and urgent crisis services via telephone after hours, sexual assault resources, Warm Line, a non-emergency consultation service, and other services.
How does the UCC define a crisis?
The following situations are considered to be crises:
- I am currently unable to keep myself safe.
- I am at risk to seriously harm someone else.
- I am having unusual experiences, such as hearing voices or seeing things that others do not.
- I have recently been physically or sexually assaulted.
- Someone close to me has recently died.