Alcohol & Substance Use
2. UCC Services
The UCC offers Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) Assessments which includes feedback and treatment recommendations. Treatment options include individual therapy or group therapy (Success without Excess) to assist clients in their harm reduction or abstinence goals.
McDonald Center for Student Well-Being at the University of Notre Dame
- Educate yourself about Alcohol and Other Drugs so that you can make healthy choices.
- Take a screening test to see if you might have a problem with alcohol.
The information provided is for educational purposes only and in should not substitute consultation. For a more in-depth assessment, visit the UCC or the McDonald Center for Student Well-Being or see your healthcare provider.
McDonald Center for Student Well Being
- Rethinking Drinking: Alcohol and Your Health
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- U Lifeline: Online Resource of College Mental Health – Alcohol and Drugs
- Addiction on College Campuses
- College Drinking: Changing the Culture
- Opiate Addiction and Treatment Resource
- SMART Recovery: Self-Management and Recovery Training
- Rational Recovery
- Michiana Chapter of Alcoholics Anonymous, aka Michiana Sober
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Marijuana Anonymous
- Narcotics Anonymous
- Cocaine Anonymous
- Crystal Meth Anonymous
- Adult Children of Alcoholics
- Nar-Anon Family Groups
- Celebrate Recovery
- The Addiction Workbook: A step-by-step guide to quitting alcohol and drugs by Patrick Fanning and John O’Niell.
- When AA Doesn’t Work for You: Rational Steps to Quitting Alcohol by Albert Ellis and Emmett Velten.
- The Miracle Method: A Radically New Approach to Problem Drinkingby Scott D. Miller and Insoo Kim Berg.
- Changing for Good by James O., Ph.D. Prochaska, John C. Norcross and Carlos C. Diclemente.
- Sober for Good by Anne M. Fletcher and Frederick B. Glaser.
- Happy Hours: Alcohol in a Woman’s Life by Devon Jersild.
- Under the Influence: A Guide to the Myths and Realities of Alcoholism by James Robert Milam, Katherine Ketcham.
- Rational Recovery: The New Cure for Substance Addiction by Jack Trimpey
- The Small Book: A Revolutionary Approach to Overcoming Drug and Alcohol Dependence (Rational Recovery Systems) by Jack Trimpey, Albert Ellis
- One Breath At a Time: Buddhism and the Twelve Steps by Kevin Griffin
I-Phone Apps (from Butler University Counseling and Consultation Services)
- iPromise – Organizes appointments and sets meeting reminders for AA. Allows individuals to keep a visual journal of their emotions and feelings Link to app here
- iPromises Recovery Companion – Free AA and 12-step recovery application. Link to app here
- iQuit – Makes a smoker wanting to quit wait longer between each smoke until they are gradually able to quit. Charts and gives results of time between each smoke. Link to app here
- Porn & Sexual Addiction Support – Includes chat, news, videos, podcasts Link to app here
- Quit Drinking – Designed to help listeners relax and overcome the emotional and physical cravings for Alcohol Link to app here
- Recovery Record – For disordered eating, food and mood log app that prompts entries. Link to app here
Treatment Referral Resources:
The information provided is for educational purposes only and should not substitute for consultation.