TimelyCare - 24/7 Telehealth for Students
In addition to the University Counseling Center (UCC) , University Health Services (UHS), the McDonald Center for Student Well-Being (McWell), and the Center for Student Support and Care, the Health and Wellness Unit within the Division of Student Affairs also offers a telehealth program to students called TimelyCare (formerly Fighting Irish Care). While students are encouraged to visit UHS and UCC during business hours, this additional service provides 24/7 access to medical and mental telehealth care across the United States, with no cost at the time of your visit.
Whether you're feeling sick or overwhelmed, you will be able to talk to a licensed provider from your smartphone or any web-enabled device. Licensed providers are available to diagnose non-emergent medical conditions, prescribe medications, and offer mental health support and wellness coaching via phone or secure video visits.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Who can use TimelyCare?
Any enrolled Notre Dame undergraduate, graduate, or professional student, whether you are accessing instruction in person or remotely.
How can Student access TimelyCare:
Students can visit timelycare.com/notredame to register for and access telehealth services. Students can then hold visits through any web-enabled device throughout the United States. If you were previously using the TimelyMD app connected to Fighiting Irish Care, you must enroll on the new TimeCare app with your school email address to continue accessing your free telehealth services.
Please use the following steps to enroll:
- Go to timelycare.com/notredame.
- Click "Sign In" as a first-time user. If you're on your phone, you'll be prompted to download the TimelyCare app.
- Use your Notre Dame email address to register.
- Enter your personal information and medical history.
- If you were previously using the TimelyMD app, delete the app once your new account has been set up.
What services are available?
The following services are available to all students:
- Medical: 24/7 access to a medical provider who can treat a wide range of common illnesses like cold and flu, sinus infections, allergies and more
- TalkNow: Like our University Counseling Center (UCC) Talkline, this service allows 24/7 access to a mental health counselor to talk about anything at anytime
- Health Coaching: Access to a nutritional specialist to help students adopt healthier lifestyle behaviors related to sleep issues, weight management and more
How much does a visit cost?
There is no cost for Notre Dame students to receive medical, Talk Now or Health Coaching. Student receiving Scheduled Counseling through the UCC will have 12 scheduled visits, but will incur costs for any visits over that amount.