We at the University Counseling Center are deeply saddened and angered about the racism and pain our Black/African American and other minority communities have experienced for centuries and that have, once again, come to the fore in tragic ways these past couple of months. The outrage sparked by the death of George Floyd is a communal reaction to people collectively bearing witness to just the latest egregious example of injustice that has long been condoned, ignored, and dismissed. We stand in solidarity with Black/African Americans and all people of color, who have endured systemic and pervasive racial injustice on a daily basis throughout the history of our country.
To access all UCC services, please call:
- Our friendly and knowledgeable administrative staff will help you get connected to our services.
- The UCC will continue offering primarily tele-mental health services, with the option for students to request shorter in-person sessions with masks and social distancing.
- Private Spaces Available! If you need a private space to have a tele-therapy appointment with a UCC counselor, just let us know so we can reserve one for you. Please bring your own device to minimize the risk of exposure and cleaning between sessions. Whenever possible, please call the UCC prior to coming.
Drop-In Services: the entry point to most UCC services.
- Please check Drop-In Hours, as they vary daily.
- To initiate a drop-in session, please call the UCC 574-631-7336.
- You will be sent paperwork to complete remotely and then you will either meet with a counselor through our tele-therapy platform or in-person at the UCC to discuss your concerns and develop a plan to help you address those concerns. Drop-In is also available if you have an immediate concern that you want to talk with a counselor about and you may not need/want additional services.
After-hours crisis line: (574-631-7336).
UCC Helpline (Talk to a counselor 24/7): 574-631-TALK (8255)
Rescheduling with your counselor. If you have been working with a counselor who is still at the UCC you can call us to reschedule.
Workshops. See the workshop schedule and sign up online.
- 24/7 medical care
- Health coaching
- Talk Now, a 24/7 tele-counseling consultation service
Check out our campus partners!
The University Counseling Center (UCC), accredited by the International Association of Counseling Services, Inc., provides confidential short-term counseling and crisis intervention services to eligible Notre Dame students and consultation and outreach services to members of the Notre Dame community.
This is a challenging time for all of us. We’re all likely experiencing some emotional discomfort given the spread of COVID-19 and the disruption to our normal routines. Grief at losing out on experiences, frustration, fear, and uncertainty are all normal reactions at this time. Furthermore, the University’s response to the pandemic and our move to remote learning represents a major change for us all.